Saturday, April 25, 2015

And So It Starts......

I'm historically misjudged for my age.  On the one hand, I have an immature sense of humor, playful personality, use a purple backpack as my work bag, and look pretty young for my age.  On the other hand, I have two kids, own a small business, and have a knack with words that makes me sound a lot smarter than I am.  So people are either
(1) in shock that I'm old enough to drink and responsibly procreate
or
(2) unnerved that I'm not yet 30 and was in high school on September 11th.

So, sometimes I get confused.  And I generally go through life "adulting."  Adulting (v) means to do grown up things that you don't feel like doing or probably don't have enough experience or street cred to be doing.  Examples of adulting include:
--Paying money to go to the dentist.  I hated the dentist as a kid.  Paying for it myself just makes me hate it more.
--Having a child.  Actually, age is irrelevant.  One can never have enough street cred to be truly competent at this.
--Making important decisions.  About everything from finances to groceries to people's feelings.

However, I am closing in on 30.  And despite feeling too young to be doing 95% of the things I'm doing, I found a gray hair this month.  And that aforementioned dentist?  He had to replace a filling because he said sometimes they wear out after 20 years.  So, ready or not, I'm old enough to start taking myself seriously.  Well, seriously enough to start putting my thoughts to print for you all to laugh at  learn from.

That's where this "Fumbling Faithfully" starts.  Because I fumble.  A lot.  And regardless of the situation, the fumble comes with an astronomical level of faith.  Faith that (1) things will be ok and (2) I will fumble again.

I hope a piece of my story somewhere along the way speaks truth to yours.  That you can laugh.  Or learn from my fumbles.  Or have a little more faith in the journey you find yourself on.

No comments:

Post a Comment